Discover the Top 7 HVAC repairs in SE Michigan. In this article, well examine the most common HVAC repairs and maintenance issues that can lead to expensive heating and cooling repairs. Armed with this knowledge and with proper HVAC preventative maintenance plan, you can avoid an inconvenient and expensive HVAC repairs.
What are the most common HVAC repairs?
While there are many parts in HVAC systems, certain factors and lack of regular service can cause frequent repairs. Let’s explore these factors and common HVAC repairs.
Regular maintenance is crucial to prevent excessive wear and tear on your HVAC unit. Trying to save on maintenance costs can lead to more expensive repairs in the long run. Take care of small issues promptly to prevent them from turning into major problems. Remember, “A stitch in time saves nine.”
The most common HVAC repairs are:
• Dirty or clogged air filters: Air filters trap dust, dirt, and other allergens, but they can become clogged over time. This can restrict airflow and reduce the efficiency of your HVAC system. Clogged air filters can also cause your system to work harder, which can lead to premature wear and tear.
• Failed or malfunctioning thermostat: A thermostat controls the temperature of your home. It can fail or malfunction for a variety of reasons, such as age, power outages, or physical damage. A malfunctioning thermostat can cause your HVAC system to run too much or too little, which can lead to higher energy bills and uncomfortable temperatures in your home.
• Broken or damaged blower fan motor: The blower fan motor circulates air throughout your home. It can break or become damaged due to age, wear and tear, or power outages. A broken or damaged blower fan motor can cause your HVAC system to overheat, which can lead to serious damage.
• Refrigerant leaks: Refrigerant is a gas that cools your home in the summer. If there is a leak in your refrigerant line, your HVAC system will not be able to cool your home effectively. Refrigerant leaks can also be harmful to your health, so it is important to have them repaired as soon as possible.
• Faulty electrical wiring: Faulty electrical wiring can cause your HVAC system to malfunction or even fail altogether. Electrical problems can also be a fire hazard, so it is important to have them repaired by a qualified electrician.
If you are experiencing any of the following problems, it is important to call a qualified HVAC technician for repairs:
• Your HVAC system is not heating or cooling your home properly.
• Your HVAC system is making strange noises.
• Your HVAC system is leaking water.
• Your HVAC system is not turning on or off.
• Your HVAC system is blowing hot air when it is supposed to be blowing cold air or vice versa. By having your HVAC system regularly inspected and maintained, you can help to prevent common repairs and extend the life of your system.
Count on Air Temperature Control for regular maintenance and repairs
Rely on Air Temperature Control for HVAC maintenance and repair services. Our qualified technicians can prevent many common HVAC problems with regular maintenance. Take advantage of our affordable maintenance plan today! We are a trusted partner for HVAC services in Washtenaw County. Choose us for high-quality work and fair pricing. With positive reviews and a track record of many satisfied customers, we guarantee the job will be done right the first time. Count on us for HVAC installation, electrical work, and other home improvement services. Improve your home’s energy efficiency in the Van Buren Charter Township Ypsilanti area and earn tax credits with Air Temperature Control. Contact us for a free estimate.
* Indicates required questions